Developing Good, Well Rounded Muslims
As our Madrassah pupils grow, we want them to:
- Gain knowledge in all areas of Islam (Fiqh, Aqidah, Qur’an, Hadith, Tafseer)
- Practise Islam sincerely to please Allah (not for their parents or teachers.)
- Love and fear Allah and follow the Sunnah and love the Prophet ﷺ
- Establish a connection with the Qur’an and apply it to their lives.
- Grow up to be good Muslims, friends, employees, employers, citizens, spouses, parents, grandparents and neighbours.
- Be healthy and happy and live peacefully in the world.
- Alhumdulilah, Islam is a gift and a beautiful way of life. Reinforce this to your pupils by linking Islam with life topics and referencing the Qur’an and Sunnah. Give lessons on healthy eating, community work and sports.
- Be a good role model and well-rounded Muslim yourself, prayer, fasting and charity are of course of the utmost importance, but also get involved in a relevant community project, pursue a good hobby or sport. There are many you can do within the confines of your own home!
- Be prepared to answer your pupils’ questions in accordance with Islam. Be open to these questions, children are naturally curious.
- Spend some time just talking to the pupils to help build positive relationships, foster enthusiasm. This helps develop critical thinking.
- Parents play an important role in each child’s development as a Muslim. The Madrassah should constantly be in touch with pupils’ parents. Appointments should be made to discuss the progress of pupils, both academically and Islamically. Parents should know what is taught in the Madrassah.
- As a Madrassah, write an agreement with responsibilities of teachers, parents and pupils.