“The action taken to protect children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes in contact with the child has a role to play.”
Madrassahs need to be aware of their legal obligations with regard to the most up to date child protection legislation.
- All staff members must undergo Level 1 Child Safeguarding Training.
- A staff member or several staff members must be trained in Level 2 Child Safeguarding and appoint them as the ‘designated child protection officer’ for safeguarding.
- Make sure the Madrassah has policies and procedures for safeguarding and child protection including an e-safety policy which:
- Protect children from harm and abuse.
- Bans all forms of physical punishment including hitting.
- Enables staff and volunteers to know what to do if they are worried about abuse.